bootstrap themes

Original Store and Post Office

This stuccoed stone house dates from before 1834 and was for many years the village store and post office. Today it is remarkable for its attractive gardens and for the rear porch and gazebo, built to take advantage of the magnificent view over the Pocopson Valley to the north.

A vernacular building with no specific style, the house is nevertheless a major element in defining the simple sturdy character of the village..